Friday 28 March 2014

When I wrote this I was trying to consciously not write about my own life and/or feelings. So I stepped out of myself and wrote this poem. I do hope you enjoy it

About a Kiss

Like that ad says:
Above the Influence
If I had been
Oh what a difference
This moment,
Would never be


One little kiss
And now this
Little stick
And my piss
Must now have
One little kiss
To know if
My whole life is in shit
Damn
Now I see the ramification
Of all my promiscuous actions
What felt good in the moment
Now has come to judgement
That one little kiss
Now the rest of my teen life
I might miss 


I forgot who I was
And I became a slave to my desire
The only thing that mattered
Was salving that fire
At first
It was just the thirst
That lay between my thighs
But soon I sought out new highs
Ecstasy, weed, crack-cocaine
All of these have tasted my veins
Soon the money that I stole was not enough
But entrepreneur that I am
I decided to combine
My pounding needs
So one the other could appease


The five minutes
Have long been up
And I cannot face the reality
Of a baby
That from birth
Will be like me
Addicted to highs
Oh if I
Could just die
Then I would never
Hear my baby’s
Addict cry
So my own tears
Fall on the hand
Where the needles pricked
And now this razor
 My hand has picked
To murder the veins
That has brought so much pain
In the guise of pleasure
Darkness falls

And I hear my mother bawl.......

Copyright © 2014
Jade Hicks

No comments:

Post a Comment