Friday 4 April 2014

This was inspired by my ex-boyfriend. A very low point in my life I must say.

A life lived in Heart Attack
BY JADE HICKS

A picture painted in the bleakest black,
Yet my eyes they lack
Colour to see
My reality
That even if a circle perfectly fits a hole
The hole may not be the circles home
Breathe in.
Take it easy
Don’t let the priceless water jewels of your eye
Die
For animals that neither value or want
The expression of them
Or the carved out pieces of a heart
Torn apart
Crap
What has happened
To the child with the vision of her womanhood
Of the ideals that were once so clear
Yeah
They are here
And I see them clear-
Ly
In the fragmented mirror of my past
But he has taken even the last piece of that glass
And bled the veins that give life
Give life to my heart
Give colour to my soul
An d yet
I am unable to flee
Held prisoner by the lull of the bees
I cry and roll
But cannot flee
Oh how this curse called love
Has poisoned me
It flows through my veins
My blood it transfused
Now my heart can no longer recognise
The blood it once valued
It has no taste for it
And when he takes his love from me
The searing pain in this hearts’ beat
My life has been taken prisoner
For the love of this once stranger
I am forever captured
In a moment of rapture
Of pleasure or pain
He is my master




Copyright  © 2014
Jade Hicks 

No comments:

Post a Comment